Skip to Content



As a heating and cooling company serving Brush Prairie WA, we know that there are a lot of industry-related terms that our customers might not be familiar with. Although it’s not vital for our customers to know and understand many of the terms we use, some of them are important for you to understand.

One example is Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency (AFUE). This term is important because it can tell you a lot about how efficient your furnace is working. In fact, the AFUE is a measurement of how effective your gas furnace is in converting fuel to energy. The higher rating your furnace has, the more efficient it is working. For example: if your furnace has a rating of 75 percent, that means approximately 75 percent of the fuel being expended is being used to keep your home warm. The other 25 percent is escaping through exhaust, or possibly leaks.

If you would like to learn more about some of the other HVAC terms we use or you have questions about some of the terms you may have heard, then click here for some helpful answers. Meantime, if you have any heating and cooling needs in your Brush Prairie WA home, then contact us today at Comfort 360. Call (360) 706-1496.